The declaration was made on 7 May by Graham Farrant, police area returning officer.
David Sidwick will take up office as police and crime commissioner on Thursday 13 May.
Dorset Police chief constable James Vaughan said: “I would like to offer my heart felt congratulations to David Sidwick. My colleagues and I stand ready to support him in any way we can.
“We look forward to a productive relationship with our new PCC and will be ready to assist them in the development and delivery of a new Police and Crime Plan.”
Meanwhile BCP Council and Dorset Council declared their by-election results held in the county on 6 May. Dorset Council by-election results can be viewed here.
And BCP Council by-election results are here.
BCP Council has announced that the political composition of its council is now:
- Conservatives: 37 councillors
- Liberal Democrats 14 councillors
- Christchurch Independents 7 councillors
- Bournemouth Independent and Green 4 councillors
- Poole People and ALL 4 councillors
- Labour: 3 councillors
- Unaligned: 7 councillors.
Please share post:
Follow us on