A new 2.3km cycleway will be the start of the first sustainable infrastructure scheme to be built in south east Dorset through Transforming Travel’s £100m+ Transforming Cities Fund.
1. A new, largely segregated 2.3km two-way cycleway along Leigh Road/Wimborne Road West between the junction with Brook Road and Canford Bottom roundabout
2. New ‘parallel crossings’ on Leigh Road (west of Old Ham Lane and west of Hayes Lane) allowing both pedestrians and cyclists to cross the road safely
3. Reducing the speed limit from 40mph to 30mph from Canford Bottom roundabout to Brook Road
4. Junction improvements along Leigh Road giving priority to people walking and cycling around the area
5. Additional green space and planting including new trees
Preparation is now underway and works on the ground, due to start in January and to be completed in autumn 2021, will be delivered by Dorset Council. It will be rolled out in 400 metre sections to minimise disruption to the public.
Please share post:
Follow us on