The aim of this competition is to raise the profile of local photographers by giving them the opportunity to have their photograph published on the front cover of Dorset View.
It’s another way of photographers being able to share their interpretation of the rich tapestry that Dorset offers, from its sprawling views to wildlife, unusual characters, architecture and events. The winner of each competition will also be invited to test their judging skills in the next competition.
Here are the details of the first Dorset View photographic competition (proviso: the editor reserves the right to publish a photograph to cover a breaking news story, in which case the winning photograph will be held over to another issue).
- Only one image per entrant.
- Must be DSLR or mirrorless camera body (no phone shots).
- Images must be able to be supplied at print quality minimum A4 size(if winner cannot supply full image then the image will be disqualified).
- Images must not include watermarks, borders or signatures.
- Black and white images not allowed.
- Images should be taken in 2021.
- Deadline for entries is 8th September
- Image must be suitable for a front cover portrait orientation.
- There is no age limit.