If you’re going to the Royal Bournemouth Hospital next week you need to be aware of the new road layout.
From Monday 20 September there will be new access arrangements as part of the University Hospitals Dorset’s major construction project to create the new maternity, children’s, emergency, and critical care centre on the site.
- a new one-way traffic system will operate, with drop off parking outside the West Entrance
- all public vehicles will follow a clockwise route around the site, exiting the site at the Deansleigh Road junction opposite the Village Hotel
- the current access from the Deansleigh Road junction will remain in place however vehicles will only be able to travel anti clockwise around the site as far as car park B where they will have to turn and follow the same route to exit
- there will also be changes to the flow of traffic around car park C with a one-way system coming into effect.
- car park C will be extended, and new exit barriers will be installed alongside the multi storey car park
In addition, there has been a need to cover some windows on the upper level of the current main hospital building. This has been done for safety reasons and to reduce noise impact from the adjacent construction site.
The updated site map showing the changes in operation from 20 September is available from the trust’s website: www.uhd.nhs.uk/visit/finding-your-way
Please share post:
Follow us on