People are being urged to fill in their census form either online or on the paper questionnaire as failure to do so could lead to a fine of up to £1,000.
If you have misplaced your letter, log onto to www.census.gov.uk and request a new unique access code.
Field officers will soon start calling at households who have not completed their census. They will follow social distancing and COVID-safe guidelines, supporting people to take part.
They will be equipped with PPE and will never need to enter anyone’s home. They’ll be operating much like a postal or food delivery visit.
A genuine census official:
- will carry an ID card with their photograph and name
- will work through the day to make contact with residents but will not call before 9am or after 8pm.
- will never ask for money or bank details
- will never need to enter someone’s home
- will have census leaflets and paper questionnaires with them.
If the householder is concerned about a visit from a census official, they can ring the contact centre for further advice: 0800 141 2021
For more information, including how to find a local census support centre, please visit www.census.gov.uk
Please share post:
Follow us on