Organisers of Dorset museums and organisations which feature heritage, sport, youth, play and physical activity are invited to apply for funding from Dorset Council.
This is the third round of the Community and Culture Project Fund offering grants designed to kick-start new activities that will benefit the local community.
Not-for-profit groups are welcome to apply for a grant, which can fund up to £5,000 towards a project that will have a social impact and support local communities and hard to reach groups.
To find out more about eligibility and how to apply visit the Dorset Council website.
Groups can apply for 80 per cent of their total project costs and will be required to demonstrate how they will raise the other 20 per cent. The activity or event must take place in the Dorset Council area.
Newly established groups who have been in existence for less than 12 months can also apply for up to £1,500 provided they can provide a constitution, a bank account along with a safeguarding policy and insurance where appropriate.
Cllr Laura Miller, cabinet member for Culture, Communities and Customer Services, said: “I am very pleased we are able to provide these small but vital grants to promote a wide range of cultural, heritage and physical activities that enrich the lives of people who live and work in Dorset.
“The previous round one and two of the Community and Culture Project Fund grants have made a huge difference to residents in Dorset and we look forward to seeing more applications from a wide range of community groups and organisations.”
The closing date for applications is Monday 27 June and decision letters will be sent to all applicants at the end of July.
If you need help with completing the online application form you can contact the Dorset Digital Hotline and they will be pleased to help you on 01305 221048. They are available between 10am and 12 noon weekdays (except bank holidays). At other times, please leave a message and they will get back to you.
Please share post:
Follow us on