Readers are invited to a virtual New Forest Awakening Festival during February.
Led by the New Forest National Park Authority, you will be taken behind the scenes to learn about nature and climate emergencies.
- Discover the RSPB’s secret forest in the north of the National Park
- Immerse yourself in New Forest nature with beautiful soundscapes
- Meet the commoners who own the famous New Forest ponies
- Join a celebration of the achievements of the £4m Our Past Our Future lottery scheme, which has restored habitats and inspired hundreds of volunteers
- Take a virtual tour of a farm and the forest with a commoner to learn about the commoning year
- Find out how to move your business towards ‘net zero’
- Go wild with National Park rangers as they stage an Instagram takeover
- Enjoy a special screening of a film about travelling sustainably, followed by Q&A with the director
- Learn how to set up a low carbon community action group
- Consider applying for a New Forest National Park Authority micro grant for nature and sustainability projects.
National Park Authority chairman Gavin Parker said, “The New Forest National Park Authority made a declaration of intent to champion action with partners and communities towards the National Park being ‘net zero with nature’ by 2050. Net zero is achieved when any harmful greenhouse gas emissions are balanced by an equivalent amount being absorbed by the atmosphere and landscape.
“The Festival is about increasing people’s understanding of the issues in the New Forest and how we can all help respond to the nature and climate crises.
“The New Forest is beginning to awaken for spring: we’re awakening our awareness of nature and climate issues; and we’re awakening our action to help protect our precious landscape. We hope lots of people will get involved.”
The New Forest Awakening Festival programme, with more events being added daily, is available on: www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/awakening.
Also search for @newforestnpa for updates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Please share post:
Follow us on