Between Friday 20 January 2023 and Thursday 2 March 2023 there have been five thefts of vehicles, two attempted thefts and one theft from a vehicle across the conurbation. It is believed the offenders are targeting keyless vehicles.
The dates and locations of the incidents are:
- West Way in Poole on Friday 20 January 2023
- Newfoundland Drive area in Poole on Thursday 2 February 2023
- Littledown Avenue area in Bournemouth on Tuesday 14 February 2023
- Hillside Drive area in Christchurch on Thursday 23 February 2023
- Windham Road in Bournemouth on Tuesday 28 February 2023
- Hurn Road in Christchurch on Tuesday 28 February 2023
- River Way in Christchurch on Wednesday 1 March 2023
- River Way in Christchurch on Thursday 2 March 2023
“An investigation is underway into the series to identify the offenders,” said DS Karen Penn of Dorset Police’s Priority Crime Team.
“I am appealing to anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious in the relevant areas and dates, or may have captured any footage to help our enquiries, to please get in touch.
“I would like to take this opportunity to remind the public that if you have a keyless vehicle, please leave your key in a screened or signal-blocking box or pouch if possible.
“If that is not available, keep your key, including any spare keys, at home and well away from your vehicle to disrupt communication range and avoid leaving them near your door or window.
“While our enquiries are continuing, I would urge anyone with information about those responsible to please contact Dorset Police.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Dorset Police at www.dorset.police.uk/contact or by calling 101, quoting occurrence number 55230035428. Alternatively, independent charity Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously online at Crimestoppers-uk.org or by calling Freephone 0800 555 111.
Please share post:
Follow us on