Vulnerable families in Dorset can apply for money to pay their utility bills, but the deadline is approaching fast – 12 February.
To access the funding, which come from the government’s Covid Winter Grant Scheme, log onto https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/emergencies-severe-weather/emergencies/coronavirus/reaching-out/get-help-with-your-utility-bills.aspx.
You can also call on 01929 408950 to apply. The programme is being administrated by Citizen’s Advice Dorset.
Cllr Jane Somper, Dorset Council lead member for safeguarding, said, “I urge families, and others, who need support this winter with essential bills like heating, to apply online for help or get in touch by ringing our helpline
“These are difficult times and helping our most vulnerable families, who have been hard-hit by the pandemic, is vital. We are working with schools and other organisations like Citizens’ Advice to get help and support out to those who need it.”
At least 80 per cent of the Covid Winter Grant will be used to help vulnerable families in Dorset; some of the remaining 20 per cent will either be used to support other vulnerable residents across the area or will also be spent supporting families.
Support and advice for all residents, including information about accessing food and other financial support is available here: www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/reaching-out
Please share post:
Follow us on